REPORTS TO: Sr. Property Manager
SUMMARY: The Assistant Property Manager is charged with supporting management’s efforts in the daily implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well-maintained commercial building and management process. He/she will place maximum emphasis on positive responses to the concerns and needs of the tenants in conjunction with the Owner’s goals. The primary goal is to be readily available for the properties 24/7 to manage and delegate staff and contractors.
He/she will serve as the “face of LandQwest” to our tenants and clients and will manage daily property operations, including accounting, tenant relations, maintenance and repair coordination, janitorial services, landscaping, snow removal and more. He/she must also ensure that property managers, facility personnel and all contracted service providers are properly and expeditiously facilitating assignments.
HOURS: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with a one-hour lunch break.
- Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner, and generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolutions.
- Vendor coordination, maintaining strong relationships with local vendors across the commercial sector and ensuring there is 24-hour emergency property coverage.\
- Conduct periodic inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and superior maintenance.
- Ensure that property and lease files are properly maintained and kept up to date in accordance with company policy. Prepare and maintain appropriate tenant lease files, records, correspondence and file notes.
- Assist with administering tenant occupancy, including providing the new tenant with an introduction letter regarding emergency contacts, insurance requirements, and maintenance requests.
- Become proficient with the Yardi and other property management software programs. Coordinate entry of all property information into the software program and establish reporting protocols for maintenance requests, preventative maintenance, vendor, and tenant Certificates of Insurance.
- Monitor all critical dates and reporting within Yardi and other systems.
- Contractor coordination for renovations and construction.
- Obtain estimates/bids for property repairs, as needed. Generate and track work orders, approvals, and distribution.
- Coordinate the production and ordering of signage and other methods of identification (tenant and owner-related).
- Assist the team with establishment of the Standard Operating Produces Manual
- Aid in the production of departmental reports (e.g. business plans, financial statements, RFPs).
- Filing, mileage and expense reports, copying/scanning, etc.
- Assist in the preparation and accurate reporting of monthly and annual financials, including but not limited to variance reporting, inspection reports, etc.
- Sort, code and ensure accuracy and compliance with contracts of all property-related invoices.
- Detailed verification of all invoice amounts and information with approved work orders.
- Assist corporate accounting with questions related to the property and resolution of vendor issues.
- Assist with certain accounting functions, as needed.
- Utility bill-backs to tenants.
- Process default letters and assist with collections.
- Investigate cost reduction opportunities.
- Prepare, present, and implement annual property budgets, including capital expenditure budgets, and review and monitor these budgets throughout the year.
- Three-to-five years of Commercial Property Management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
The above reflects the minimum duties expected from this position. Because of the changing nature of our business, this description is subject to change.
Please e-mail resumes to [email protected].